Photo: By the Author
When you have a lot of demands, it is inevitable that “self delaying” or procrastination creeps in. It seems the more you do, the more things are still there. Remaining focused on important things becomes quite a chore when you’re so busy being busy. How do you make things better when it seems all you’re doing is chasing your tail?
- Reflect on why things are not better. It may your mindset. Things may actually be OK, but you are simply unsatisfied with the repetitive patterns in your life. A lack of satisfaction and reasons for it, is the first path to explore to make things better.
- Look at what is sapping your energy. How you are managing your energy on a daily basis is another key answer in making things better. Are poor habits, overeating, lack of activity, avoidance behaviors or sleeping impacting you? These are valuable clues to self improvement.
- Engage a improvement plan, act on something everyday. Making things better may require you to implement one courageous act everyday. Just that one deliberate act puts you on the path to better results.
- Adjust your mindset. Be faithful to yourself and act. Self-talk, personal affirmations and rewarding yourself for making a piece of your life better, is important for keeping motivation high.
- Generate everyday change by documenting what is better. Just a 15 minutes at the end of your day noting your personal victories creates the mindset for the next day. Keeping these accomplishments in front of you gives you the momentum for the next day.
Making something better is a daily adventure. Resolve in 2016 to make a daily effort to improve something small everyday.