Like the flower that blooms in the Spring, it takes the right conditions to break through the ground. Breaking through personal obstacles is really no different.
The Rut: Anything that is keeping you stuck from where you’re desiring to go.
Other ways that describe being stuck:
- I’m in a job I dislike
- I’m not moving forward in my role
- I can’t get ahead of the bills
- My boss doesn’t seem to recognize the contribution I make
- I feel blah all the time
Recognizing you’re stuck is 50% toward the solution. Some don’t even see they’re stuck until a crisis hits. Being stuck wasn’t something that happened once or twice, it’s something that progressed over time.
10 Ways to move beyond stuck
- Look at what is actually not stuck: Leverage those resources
- Identify your supports – or seek out support
- Look at self sabotage – ways your choices are making it harder to succeed
- Ask yourself: What does being stuck really mean…what does it require me to do?
- What one tipping point do you need that would make the difference?
- Are your expectations holding you back? Are they the right ones?
- Are you doing more, or expecting more?
- What do I need to do less of, and more of?
- Learn, expand.
- Understand that struggle is making you stronger
Not moving down a desired path doesn’t mean you aren’t moving. It means something is taking a different direction unintended.
Moving beyond a challenge requires concerted effort to understand the patterns around you, many of which need discovered.
Work through being stuck by identifying the pattern in operation, then choose a set of new patterns that may lead to different results.